Purpose of the Veterans Services Office
The Delaware County Veterans Service Commission exists to provide the following services to qualified veterans:
- Assistance in making application for benefits administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). These benefits include VA Health Care, Service Connected Disability, VA Pension and many other valuable benefits. Eligibility for most VA benefits is based upon discharge from active military service under other than dishonorable conditions.
- Emergency financial assistance (through the Delaware County Veterans Service Commission). This is usually in the form of utility, food and rent payments on behalf of the veteran. Assistance is available for other emergencies on a case-by-case basis.
- Information and guidance in obtaining aid from various federal, state and local organizations.
- Referrals to other agencies for assistance as determined by counseling.
- Assistance with dependents applications for benefits upon the death of the veteran.
- Assistance with other matters as is possible based on the need of the claimant.
- Assistance with ordering Discharges (DD214) and replacement medals from the National Archives.
Documents Required For VA Benefits
Certified or original documents are required to apply for VA benefits. Notarized copies are not acceptable. These documents may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Military Discharge Records (DD214)
- Marriage License
- Divorce Decree
- Death Certificate
- Birth Certificate or Adoption Records for Dependent Children
To qualify for financial assistance, applicants must have resided in Delaware County for the last 90 days.
For transportation, the veteran must be a resident of Delaware County.
The Delaware County Veterans Service provides transportation for veterans who have appointments at the VA Outpatient Clinic in Columbus, Ohio and the VA Marion Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Marion, Ohio.
Delaware County veterans can reserve seating by calling (740) 833-2012, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or after regular business hours by leaving a message.
Veterans are required to contact our office at least three days prior to their appointment. Pick-up arrangements will be coordinated by our driver prior to the veteran’s appointment.
Transportation can be provided to other VA facilities on a case by case basis, if the veteran has no available transportation options for his/her appointment.